• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy steering

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So i just got done building my second XJ and im having the most unbelievebly hard time keeping it straight on the road. It wonders as if its an A.D.D dog, im running 3/4 heim steering a 6 inch mix n' match lift with drop brackets and open diffs on 35's.

What could cause this? im out of ideas and its starting to piss me off because i cant drive it more than a mile away from my house without it almost killing me.

Thanks
Garrett

Castor and steering roll are the most likely culprits. Not much to go on, you haven't told us anything about your setup. Have you had the alignment done since the lift? What's the castor setting?

What steering design do you have, and what are the angles? Info, info......

Castor and steering roll are the most likely culprits. Not much to go on, you haven't told us anything about your setup. Have you had the alignment done since the lift? What's the castor setting?

What steering design do you have, and what are the angles? Info, info......

I havent had it alligned since lifting it, just the driveway measure from tire to tire. and the steering is set up just like this one....
qntog3.jpg

You might not have enough castor, but I doubt that would make it as bad as you say it is. Have you thoroughly checked every joint and mount to make sure nothing is loose or cracked? The track bar being loose can cause what you're saying.

Back