• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 Shift Fork Pads

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,I am rebuilding my np231 transfercase and on the shift fork-the smaller one-the pads do not have the "notch" style which is all the ones I see on line.The fork I have has 2 holes for each of the pads to be retained by and no notch in them.Has anybody seen this type? and for those of you that have redone your T case did any pad "kit" you recieved have that style like mine does? Just wanted to know if I may have to get a notch style fork....

well...I think I have found my answer-it apears that the shift fork is from a dodge np231-due to the casting number 16976 from looking on line-sadly the pads are molded to it.But I also found that a np249 uses the same fork with a different casting number of 17833 which does have the normal notch style,ahh in luck as I recently went to a pull a part j yard and took an input gear from said np249 case-so all I have to do is go there and get the fork I left sitting there.I also found out it is bigger that stock np231j fork.

Back