• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Heat at all

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have any heat.

The blower motor does not work and also when I turn the dial the temperature that comes in does not change.

I think it happened while I was chasing another electrical issue. I took out each of the fuses from the electrical panel to check if there are any in need of replacement.

So I have two questions:

1. Can you verify that all the fuses are in the right place? I may have misplaced some.

2. The wire you see at the bottom...It was plugged in either to the 15A blue fuse or 20A yellow fuse on the left side (in the 8th and 9th slots respectively). Can you tell me what it is for and to which fuse it should be connected.

Thanks in advance

Boris

Here is the picture of the fuse box:

FusePanel.jpg

Blower motor would be a 25 amp fuse, since it draws a lot of current. Check those top three white fuses. if they all check out fine, i would then jump power directly from the battery to the blower motor itself and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you have a bad blower motor (which would be my guess.) I would check the blower motor resitor too if the motor itself is shot.

Blower motor would be a 25 amp fuse, since it draws a lot of current. Check those top three white fuses. if they all check out fine, i would then jump power directly from the battery to the blower motor itself and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you have a bad blower motor (which would be my guess.) I would check the blower motor resitor too if the motor itself is shot.

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the resistor last year.

When the resistor was bad, the symptoms were different: Although the blower motor wouldn't work, I could change the temperature that was coming through the vents when turn the dial.

On mine, the plug that goes into the motor on the engine side of the firewall and come a little loose. I unplugged, cleaned it really well and made sure it was plugged all the way in and solved my issue.

I dont have the dial, as mine is a '91. Sounds like a blend door problem. Again, it may be diffeent on newer models, but there is a metal cord that attaches to the slider for the climate control on mine. May be something to look into. Resistors generally go bad because the motor is dying, shorting out and pulling in too much current. I would test the motor by giving it a direct 12V from the battery.

Back