• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Long arms and shop lift

*Jonathan

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing my Clayton Long arms this weekend and I have access to a hydralic lift like this one: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/341958465/SR_102X_hydraulic_single_post_car.html

I don't see how I'll be able to use it in the front of the jeep with the long arms. I cant visualize it. The end of each arm has a little hinged foot that flips up 90 degrees but that only gives a 6 inch or less extension. Do I have to find a 4 post lift that grabs from the outsides instead of from underneath. I'd imagine that the arms would interfere. Anyone know?

I did my longarms in my driveway with a jack, 4 jackstands, 2 wheelchocks, some blocks of wood and a bag full of tools.

It's do able but you're going to have the hoist feet at or behind the trans crossmember and it will most likely be very unstable. Check the instructions on where the brackets mount and go from there. Some kind of screw stand would help if you can get the Jeep up enough without wrecking anything.

You also may be able to put the front lift pads right behind the stock control arm mounts and be able to do most of the lift. The only problem might be hooking up the frame end of the arms.

See what everyone else says.

i put my og RE short arm lift and then upgraded to my clayton long arm both at ground level with a jack and jack stands.....i had access to a lift for the clayton but it was way easier moving the axle into place on the ground ....the lift you pictured looks like it will be lifting right where the clayton crossmember bolts/welds to....and unless you have atleast 3 very high jackstands to support the axle and trans/transfer case it could be a pita..

The trick to using jack stands is to get the wheels off first, then get the axle as close to the ground as possible.

I've used a post lift before, but never one that was designed to change wheels and tires like that inside one.

Back