• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removable doors

jamesbtaylorjt

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 01' and am going to be cutting up some stock doors to let in some air for the next summer. I've seen the removable door mods and was wondering why not just take out the bolts that hold the door to the hinge instead of cutting up the hinge and messing with ur door aligment?

I suspect you are not skirting your alignment concern. It seems to me that the backing plates float in the door abit to allow for alignment.

They guy who did the doors on my 01' used removable pins instead of the stock pin. No cutting required.

Removable doors? I wouldn't, but that's just me.

-Ron

When you try to put the bolts back in for the first time you will understand why they modify the bracket to be removable so they only have to fool with bolts once. It is a HUGE pain to get the doors lined back up so doing it once is way better than everytime you take the doors off.

Back