• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 ARB Carrier Bearings

Super mud

NAXJA Forum User
So I got a used air locker for a 30 (RD100 model) Looked up parts for it from ARB, considering it uses non stock bearings on the pneumatic side, went to the store and bearing inner diameter is too large and race is a little wider but same OD as the used one I got with it (part LM102949 and LM102910). Now I relized the the non stock race was running a stock bearing in it by the previous owner which looked to have a steeper angle though once I took some measurements and ran some marking compound on it, the stock bearing actually fits correctly. So now I'm going back to the store to see if they have this non stock race (LM501310) and my question now turned into why is the information from ARB different? I suppose I could have an older model which may explain why the o rings Amazon (didn't have to pay like $10 for shipping) sent me were way too big.

I am curious about this as well. I did the same thing bought an RD100 used and the master install kit new. They did change the Orings on the seal housing to a newer design, but I've never heard of the bearings being different.

I have been having some issues that I've been blaming on housing flex.

They use bearings that have a bigger ID...because the carrier is bigger...because that allows them to only have one carrier PN for 27 and 30 spline.

Hmmm, interesting. I bought my XJ with the rear ARB installed and the 4.56's and install kit for the front in boxes. Once I bought the front ARB I took everything over to the shop to have them installed. Apparently, it must have been the right kit.

If you had an older model ARB, its not the RD100. That was the replacement for the older model. I found the same bearings and races at NAPA that ARB uses, don't remember the part numbers though. I also ordered the o-rings through amazon and they all fit perfectly.

Check out poly performance. If you look at their locker parts section, you can get the entire parts list for the RD100.

Well screw me it's a RD30. And all the bearing part#s match to what I figured fit. Actually it's just stock bearings but one race is narrower (LM501310) which I already ordered from the parts store yesterday. Also my second set of o-rings next day aired from amazon under complaint came in today and do I feel dumb but I'm not gonna let them know that but I'll probobly be ordering the right ones from them since they don't charge 10$+ for shipping even though they shipped the first set in a big ass box

Back