• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ruff stuff steering kit

teraflexed

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for experienced nfo if this kit will bolt on under the knuckle and the drag link over with out clearance issues against the track bar bracket.

Well it all depends on size lift.. and BS on tires. The bolt for PS is pretty big and i would think a 4" BS is the min.

I recently built mine with this set up. At 5.5" of lift i had to run an OA tracbar bracket and customize my sway bar bracket. Actually ended up ditching the sway bar all together. Might have to adjust your steering stops a little. At full lock passanger side, your drag link may touch during axle travel.

I have 6.5 lift and no sway bar, I'm just not ready to change my track bar location, and my beat up stock steering was stolen from my truck last night, so now I have no steering parts at all.

What the %$&K?? Just the steering?? Well even if they came back for it now there is no way to steer it. That sucks man, i hate thieves!

I wondered if i could do this steering and not have to change my TB. Being my DD i couldn't risk it, is why i waited to do the whole thing. If you want to save a little coin. Just buy the heims in the kit and buy the DOM at local metal supply. I think i paid $160 for the heims and $40 for the DOM.. Not much savings but its some.

I had it off sitting in the back, someone came in my yard and took it.
Plans have changed, now I'm just trying to put steering on it with out needing to relocate an OTA track bar. Keeping cost down by doing so.

Last edited:
Back