• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing intake manifold help

I should know this by heart but with 5 XJ's and a MJ in the driveway of many different year models they all blend together.

I know that there is a bracket attached to the intake that also is attached to the pump with 3 bolts. Not much help!

Hah, forgot about the Haynes. And I know I need to take the bolts out. Looks like theres a bolt behind the pump its self. Not sure how to get to it though.

If memory serves me ( I did this a couple of weeks ago on a 90), you need to remove two bolts on the back of the pump, loosen the adjustment lockin bolt on the bottom of the front and remove the pivot bolt on top. Once this is done you can rotate the pump out of the way to get a socket on both bolts that hold the bracket to the intake. One is obvious but the other is sunk into bracket behind the pump.

Hth
Todd

Back