• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 breather

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I am just finishing up getting all the parts together for my highly polished turdy, and i am curious to know if there is a better way to do the breather tube... on mine it seems that there is just a tapered plastic fitting that slides into the housing.... is this the way they all are? it comes out pretty easily and i was wondering if anyone has found a more secure way of attaching the breather hose... like tapping the hold and putting something you could put a hose clamp on....

Thanks

Nick

Tap the existing hole for 1/4 NPT and use a barbed brass fitting. I used the following parts to accomodate an ARB and the breather, but just use the barbed fitting at the top of the pic by itself and you should be golden.

Might be a dumb question but isn't the ARB supposed to be pressurized to lock? Wouldn't the vent release the pressure?

Yeah, sorry, I didn't really provide the specifics since the thread was about the breather. This contraption (borrowed the idea from XJEEPER) allows you to use the same hole in your dif for both the breather and the ARB. The small copper line that activates the ARB runs throught the nipple and the tee and is terminated at the bulkhead fittings which have been converted into a push connect. The dif "breathes" around the copper line and out through the barbed fitting on the top of the tee. Here's a couple of his pics:

000_0184.jpg

000_0210.jpg

for those without arb's, a 90degree AN hose end and adapter work well.... wanna say 1/8th npt, or 1/4 npt? cant remember offhand, but the adapters are easy enough to find.

Back