• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinkofthecows...... bad seller.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Dunno who this guy is but unfortunately, he's not a person of his word.

He had a '93 XJ for sale, whole thing for $400. I texted him and told him I'd buy it for the stated $400 as advertised and that I wouldn't be able to get down to the 'Springs until Friday - possibly Saturday.

He replied: "Cool, lemme know when you're on your way."

Same day we texted, he posted "Sold" in the ad. I believed that meant he was expecting me to come buy it............

Text him a bit ago to firm up a time to come down and get it. He replies that he sold it. "I never agreed to hold it, you were to call me when you were on your way to look at it."

What? I'm supposed to drive down on the hopes it's still there?

Says "I've been burned way too many times" ......... Who hasn't? But you don't play that way here.

I say "Club guys don't do that to club guys......." he replies "Oh yes they do, there are flakes on naxja too.... personal experience tells me this."

I tell him that if he feels that way "Please don't advertise on naxja anymore."

He replies "Well that's just not gonna happen. Great selling tool."

I guess we know where he stands with our Chapter.........

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
sounds like he's the "selling TOOL"... :rolleyes:

I think of cows alot -- I think I'll have part of one for dinner tonight!

We have some flakes here. That is how this sub forum got started.

If the guy meant "first person with cash in hand," he should have said as much.

Overall, we do have a good group here. We are spoiled because of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow... what Utopia is this forum in where EVERYONE sticks to their word??? especially when it comes to shelling out money? Would anyone on this forum honestly hold a vehicle for an individual for 5 days with just "their word" that they are going to come and get it??? Especially if one was straped for cash? If there were a deposit involved then yes, I would have held the vehicle for 5 days. If he was coming from Denver the same day, I would have held it. In fact, I did for another buyer. A buyer from Denver came down and purchased the Jeep and I held it for him because he came down the same day.

YELLAHEEP and whoever agrees with YELLAHEEP needs to get on with themselves and come back down to reality.

Wow... what Utopia is this forum in where EVERYONE sticks to their word??? especially when it comes to shelling out money? Would anyone on this forum honestly hold a vehicle for an individual for 5 days with just "their word" that they are going to come and get it??? Especially if one was straped for cash? If there were a deposit involved then yes, I would have held the vehicle for 5 days. If he was coming from Denver the same day, I would have held it. In fact, I did for another buyer. A buyer from Denver came down and purchased the Jeep and I held it for him because he came down the same day.

YELLAHEEP and whoever agrees with YELLAHEEP needs to get on with themselves and come back down to reality.

Utopia? Is that what "doing what you say and saying what you do" is in 2012?

Hell man. People used to buy entire farms with a hand shake. If you wanted a deposit, you should've said so. I understand wanting something more substantial than "yeah I'll come get it in 5 days", but you did nothing to communicate that's what it would take to secure a deal. Fine, you sold it to the first $400 that showed up. But you also didn't indicate that was your intention to a long distance buyer. Courtesy goes both ways. What if he had taken time to arrange the pickup? What if he had to borrow a trailer or a truck that wasn't his to get it? In this instance it wasn't skin off of anyone's ass, but only because everyone involved got lucky.

All it takes is a little communication to prevent these situations. I buy and sell a lot of vehicles. I've been on both ends of a sale more than most. I've never implied I was holding something if that wasn't my intention. Being straight forward and direct goes a long way to avoid creating a bad name for yourself.

And yeah. Something happens when you join a 4x4 forum. We're a community that goes out of our way to help each other out. The same people that would load up their rig and drive 100 miles out of their way to rescue your butt because you got stuck in the mountains, are the same folks buying your stuff here. I've only been a member of NAXJA specifically for a couple of days, but every 4x4 forum I've participated with has this overall mentality. It's a place to have friends when most of society sucks and thinks "honor" and "keeping your word" is a Utopia.

I had no idea this existed until I tried supporting OHV trails and Frank Z put a link in my thread that led to this....I guess some things are hard to let go of no matter how irrelevant it is to new and future threads that have nothing to do with selling on this forum.

I have held parts and have had parts held for me, 99% percent of the guys and gals in this chapter would do the same.

Utopia? Is that what "doing what you say and saying what you do" is in 2012?

Hell man. People used to buy entire farms with a hand shake. If you wanted a deposit, you should've said so. I understand wanting something more substantial than "yeah I'll come get it in 5 days", but you did nothing to communicate that's what it would take to secure a deal. Fine, you sold it to the first $400 that showed up. But you also didn't indicate that was your intention to a long distance buyer. Courtesy goes both ways. What if he had taken time to arrange the pickup? What if he had to borrow a trailer or a truck that wasn't his to get it? In this instance it wasn't skin off of anyone's ass, but only because everyone involved got lucky.

All it takes is a little communication to prevent these situations. I buy and sell a lot of vehicles. I've been on both ends of a sale more than most. I've never implied I was holding something if that wasn't my intention. Being straight forward and direct goes a long way to avoid creating a bad name for yourself.

And yeah. Something happens when you join a 4x4 forum. We're a community that goes out of our way to help each other out. The same people that would load up their rig and drive 100 miles out of their way to rescue your butt because you got stuck in the mountains, are the same folks buying your stuff here. I've only been a member of NAXJA specifically for a couple of days, but every 4x4 forum I've participated with has this overall mentality. It's a place to have friends when most of society sucks and thinks "honor" and "keeping your word" is a Utopia.

Yes, thats exactly what its like in 2012 if you want to get things done. In fact, it has been that way for a while. These days, everything has to be done on paper or it will not happen. I have bought and sold numerous vehicles as well and have been burned on several occasions. Yes, I agree that forums are differant than other marketing tools such as craigslist and I have even sold vehicles on this forum before. And yes, I have been burned on this forum before. Also, when in that communication did I say I would hold it for him specifically? I do not see it.

Yes, thats exactly what its like in 2012 if you want to get things done. In fact, it has been that way for a while. These days, everything has to be done on paper or it will not happen. I have bought and sold numerous vehicles as well and have been burned on several occasions. Yes, I agree that forums are differant than other marketing tools such as craigslist and I have even sold vehicles on this forum before. And yes, I have been burned on this forum before. Also, when in that communication did I say I would hold it for him specifically? I do not see it.

When the man told you he couldn't get it for a few days, you indicated that was fine. Do you reckon he would've liked to have sent you a deposit if you had asked for one? I gather as much. You didn't give him the opportunity to secure the deal. You were in it for cash in hand, plain and simple. No one is saying that's not acceptable. You simply have to ADVERTISE that way so people know what to expect, or what not to rather. And if your method of dealing was so "acceptable", why is it leaving such a bad taste in everyone's mouth that has read this? Maybe we all know what it's like to be burned, and we take steps to protect ourselves without burning other people in the process.

And fine. In 2012 you have to be a swindler to "get things done". I'd rather get "less done" and not sacrifice my good name or integrity amongst people that I consider friends. Call me old school. I just happen to think it's possible to get deals cut quickly without leaving people hanging in the wind. That's how you and I differ.

And for the record, if I ever had a negative thread posted regarding my sales tactics, I wouldn't bust into it preaching "too bad so sad" and "get over yourselves". I'd have an apology lined up to my buyer about the confusion regarding the transaction. That's called being humble, seeing things from another's point of view, and presenting yourself as a decent person worth giving a second chance.

Last edited:
When the man told you he couldn't get it for a few days, you indicated that was fine. Do you reckon he would've liked to have sent you a deposit if you had asked for one? I gather as much. You didn't give him the opportunity to secure the deal. You were in it for cash in hand, plain and simple. No one is saying that's not acceptable. You simply have to ADVERTISE that way so people know what to expect, or what not to rather. And if your method of dealing was so "acceptable", why is it leaving such a bad taste in everyone's mouth that has read this? Maybe we all know what it's like to be burned, and we take steps to protect ourselves without burning other people in the process.

And fine. In 2012 you have to be a swindler to "get things done". I'd rather get "less done" and not sacrifice my good name or integrity amongst people that I consider friends. Call me old school. I just happen to think it's possible to get deals cut quickly without leaving people hanging in the wind. That's how you and I differ.

...I think there were a lot of assumptions in this dealing.... 1st of all I applogize if I "indicated" anything when I did not specifically say I would do something...And should anyone need to advertise cash and carry? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this something that is "understood" when posting anything forsale? Also I believe its only leaving a bad taste in about 5-6 peoples mouths as only 5-6 people commented on this thread out of 421 people that have viewed it. And the comment about being a swindler in 2012 is incorrect. I did not cheat anybody out of anything. I and a majority of other people need something other than "word" to hold something. We just have differant expectations when we post something for sale.

And for the record, if I ever had a negative thread posted regarding my sales tactics, I wouldn't bust into it preaching "too bad so sad" and "get over yourselves". I'd have an apology lined up to my buyer about the confusion regarding the transaction. That's called being humble, seeing things from another's point of view, and presenting yourself as a decent person worth giving a second chance.

I think I like the new guy (gal)... :cheers: As I teach my kids, be honest, straightforward and direct in all dealings, and misunderstandings won't come back to bite you in the ass.

.....as only 5-6 people commented on this thread out of 421 people that have viewed it.

LOL. That's 421 views genius, not 421 individual people. Each time the thread is opened by a viewer it ups the count. If I open this thread 4 times, the count jumps by 4. :rolleyes:

With each post, you keep reinforcing the fact that you're not real trustworthy and could give a crap less about the "family" aspect of our club. We don't treat each other with your kind of attitude.

I sold an engine to a member here not long ago. It blew up 3 days after the install. I gave him his money back. None of this buyer beware, sold as-is B.S.

Someone else just bought some tires/wheels from me. Told me via PM that he wanted them. Good enough for me. He told me he couldn't come get them for nearly a week. Cool, no worries. I told him I would have liked the money sooner just because I needed to put some funds back into the account.... he paypals it to me. In return, I'm gonna deliver the stuff.

That's how it works around here.

Technically, it didn't blow up, it just launched shrapnel about the engine compartment with a resulting oil spray on the windshield... and it was 3 weeks later, not three days :D The curse of Heep II. Yella also throws in hidden Nillas with every sale/purchase, to those who are appreciative. ;)

What's up my nillas?

Looks like the ball got dropped. Just cop to it, and let it go. Or take your ball and go home. Either way

Sorry, I didn't realize you were keeping score of who approved of you or not. If I knew that, I would have posted much earlier.

You, Mr. Cows, are like school on Saturday. No class...

Back