• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any metal supplier near Cerritos?

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
My confer rack I bought doesn't have the steel mesh sheet on it to keep stuff off the roof of my xj so I need a piece about 4'x5.Any places near me to pick some up and any idea what it would host?

Metal Depot in La Mirada not that far from Cerritos. I used to buy the metal from them when I was live in Cypress. Not sure if they still in business.
14334 Firestone Boulevard
La Mirada, CA 90638-5526
(714) 521-5494

sounds ABOUT right depending on complicity of the perforations, and thickness.... Personally i hate paying cutting fee's.... but sometimes its unavoidable.

Steel's a commodity, it goes up and down, and suppliers mark up prices depending on how much you buy, walking in with a small orders dimensions will lead to a higher price, but the only way around that is buying bulk... which isnt allways possible...

sounds ABOUT right depending on complicity of the perforations, and thickness.... Personally i hate paying cutting fee's.... but sometimes its unavoidable.

Steel's a commodity, it goes up and down, and suppliers mark up prices depending on how much you buy, walking in with a small orders dimensions will lead to a higher price, but the only way around that is buying bulk... which isnt allways possible...

I have found Patton steel has the cheapest cut fees, if I say it is for transport they will do 1-2 cuts for free even! They even have better service in my opinion, no waiting around for an hour while they run off and do there thing.

IMS charged me $35 once for a single sheer so I could fit it in the jeep, they also have the most expensive steel prices.

BobCo Metals is cheaper than both Patton and IMS but is kinda hard to get consistent service, I was there the other day and they charged me a different cutting fee than he told me over the phone.

I am buying more than the average person so a few cents a pound ads up quick!

Back