• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starter brush kit?

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
I suppose im "old school" or whatever its called anymore but i grew up rebuilding starter motors with new brushes and bushings all the time. My starter on my 4.0 renix needs a rebuild and i cant find anyone in town that sells the brushes. I only found a couple of websites that state they have them but i am weary of onine purchasing from a website im not familiar with that looks like it was made overnight.
Sure wish Napa and Carquest were still around here in town. the other big three ran them off.
Just a rant really. I enjoy rebuilding things. I guess ill go buy a new one. Cant afford a mean green so itll have to be from a chain parts store :(

Are you sure there are no local rebuilders in your area? I found one around here, and got my starter rebuilt for a good price by a real local tradesman with the correct parts as needed. He'd likely have sold me the brushes too if I'd wanted to go that route, but I think a new brush set in holder for these things goes for about 30 bucks, so I thought a 70 dollar rebuild was a better bet.

Are you sure there are no local rebuilders in your area? I found one around here, and got my starter rebuilt for a good price by a real local tradesman with the correct parts as needed. He'd likely have sold me the brushes too if I'd wanted to go that route, but I think a new brush set in holder for these things goes for about 30 bucks, so I thought a 70 dollar rebuild was a better bet.

There is one. But ive been home a lot lately after being laid-off and attending college. I need something to do....
Ive called everyone. Even the stealership to no avail. Oh well it was worth a try.

Back