• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Quadfecta

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Gold Mountain
John Bull
Holcomb
Dishpan

In that order.

Breakfast at the Sugar Pine Bakeshop
Dinner at the Cedar Glen Malt Shop

Let's figure a date

You should add Cleghorn to the end and just do the entire mtn. I tried this trek in my TJ a few years ago. We hit gold mtn. at about 6:30 am. We excited cleghorn at the 15 around 9pm that night. It was a butt kicker. Felt like a mini rubicon trip. I was glad to see pavement by the end of the day. MY TJ was glad too.

Last edited:
You should add Cleghorn to the end and just do the entire mtn. I tried this trek in my TJ a few years ago. We hit gold mtn. at about 6:30 am. We excited cleghorn at the 15 around 9pm that night. It was a butt kicker. Felt like a mini rubicon trip. I was glad to see pavement by the end of the day. MY TJ was glad too.

That would be a awesome day!

That would be a awesome day!

Funny thing about it was that 7 Jeeps started and only 2 finished. It was just myself and my neigbor (in a built JK) that made it to the 15 fwy. Everyone else bowed out at some point in the journey. It's a lot more exhausting then you would think.

Yeah if you want a real Big Bear marathon you could add Pilot Rock or Cleghorn to the end.

I'm thinking after Goatfest and before Christmas.

I may be in for this.

We did three of those in 5 hours so I think adding one will work.

Last edited:
YEah a lot of factors come into play. I've wheeled Big Bear in Mid January with very little snow on the ground.

I'd like to go as well but i cant see this being done in a timely manner ( one day ) with a million rigs all at once :p Not to mention the potential of breakage is greater with more rigs on the trail. Im thinking a group of 5 can probably get it done with minimal stops and hang ups.

Back