• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high misalignment rod ends on the street

I'm running the Iron Rock Offroad OTK steering set up that uses heims and misalignment spacers. I love it! It really tighten up some slop in my steering and NO they do not rattle around. SUPER BEEFY too since the Draglink and Tie rod is solid.

Rattle? If your steering rattles you probably have some issues. Was super quiet and stout. If you are worried about legal steering, sell the jeep and get a CR-V, Cuz you wont be able to do anything fun with it.

I run Ruff Stuff heims for steering and have no complaints.. I would check your local laws about steering. Surprisingly there are none in CA. If it is illegal in AZ there are other options out there. JCR 1 ton seems to be pretty popular to. But if you worried about stuff rattling.. X2 on the CRV. LOL Its a jeep, stuff is going to rattle.

Lot's of people run heim joint steering on the street, in XJ's and in all other types of 4x4's and other vehicles. I've run them, no slop or noise unless they're horribly worn out. Who ever said heim joints are illegal on the street? Oh yeah, beadlocks are illegal, and lift kits are illegal, and aftermarket bumpers are illegal, and.....and....and..... :)

Back