• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ door fitment and year range

ON_my_DOORS

NAXJA Forum User
Can somebody give me a year list of front doors that will direct bolt on to my 93? I was told the hinges and latches changed in 95. Also when I search for doors it seems that anything 94+ is listed seperate from pre-94 doors. As well, how to identify a set of doors externally. I have a lead on a set of doors, but he does not know what year they are. The handles look 95+ (they are more rounded than mine) and there is not trim on the lower portion of the door. Are these markings of a 95+ door? Someone please educate me.

I need a new set of front doors and I need an exact year range that will work, and you guys are the best Jeep experts to tell me.

Both of our '96s have the '84-'96 doors, hinges, and strikers. Our '96 Classic, built Sept. of '96, has a few '97-looking pieces on it, but hard body parts are definitely first gen.

So did the strikers and latches change for the 97+ model years? I'm trying to find a door shell to replace my dented 97 and I've found a same color donor at my local junkyard, but it is pre 96. Should I grab it?

doors from early 96 and down will fit. there are a few different numbers you'll find, but most of it has to do with internal bracing. the doors will bolt up. if you go with 97+ then you'll just need to switch out the striker. it's easy enough to drill some holes and bolt it in. i just welded mine in. the hinges themselves are the same and the body lines are close enough.

Back