• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crankcase breather element or PCV

jakbob

NAXJA Forum User
1987 wagoneer limited
aw4

are there two PCV valves, or is there a PCV valve on the back of the valve cover (by the firewall) and a crankcase breather element on the front of the valve cover? im trying to figure this crap out and searching led to nothing.

Other way around. the vacuum line goes on the rear and the breather on the front hole.

thats what i thought, but wasnt sure. thanks.

another thing, im assuming i have to take off the valve cover to replace the breather element?

Last edited:
I have never had to remove the VC to put the new breather hose or the CCV grommets back on. I lubed them up with a little oil and push them in all the way around with a flat head scewdriver. Don't push too hard so as not to tear the rubber, or use a duller tool. If you remove the VC you'll have the same problem as there isn't a "backside" to the grommet. Just push on S-L-O-W-L-Y and patiently. It will pop in.

Well we will see when the parts come in I guess lol

Back