• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Balljoint Issues

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I seem to be having issues with my pass upper BJ's. Im on my third set now and it seems i am blowing through just uppers. Ive gone through 2 sets of moogs and now a set of crowns that are only a month old. When I swapped in this axle about 3 years ago or so, I used all spicers. the drivers side has NO play. I am only having problems with the pass side. specs are:
2000 XJ
99 Hp30
32X1150X15
and spacers.
None of these specs have changed.
Im thinking I have some issue with the knuckle.

could be the inner C is bent... any problems with uni-bearings or u-joints?.. have u properly torqued the ball joints when installed... too loose/tight would cause premature failure

whats ur wheel backspacing?... a lot of backspacing + spacers would put additional stress on those components

They have been properly torqued. I know the drivers side inner c is bent as I have looked at the alignment. Stock wheels with 1.25" spacers. I dont think causing the issues. The left side has been fine for 3+ years and the spacers and tires have been the same. I think I may have a steering knuckle that is bent.

I think im going to bite the bullet and find another housing. I know my left inner c is bent causing some camber issues anyway. And hopefully it will fix my issues.

Back