• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Airbox Bolt Sizes?

HQuakers

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what size the 2 stock airbox bolts and 1 nut is? I have tried a few sizes and I've been wrong, so I'd like to save myself another trip to the hardware store if possible.

Thanks.

Does anyone know what size the 2 stock airbox bolts and 1 nut is? I have tried a few sizes and I've been wrong, so I'd like to save myself another trip to the hardware store if possible.

Thanks.

I think RENIX mixed them - one was 5/16"-18, and the rest are M8-1.25 (they seem like they'll cross, but they won't.)

Later models are probably all ISO - so I'd think that M8-1.25x25m/m for the screws and M8-1.25 for the nut.

What wrenches fit? What are the head markings? If they're following typical SAE or ISO standards, you can figure out a lot from those two data...

(Strength markings for carbon steel screws are hash marks for SAE, and a decimal number for ISO. Standard 1/4" SAE screws and nuts take a 7/16" wrench, 5/16" takes a 1/2" wrench, and 3/8" takes a 9/16" wrench. Standard M6 ISO fasteners will take a 10m/m wrench, M8 fasteners want a 13m/m wrench, and M10 will want - I believe - a 15m/m wrench.)

Hmmm, that's weird because one of my guesses was M8 and I couldn't get it to thread. Maybe I'll take a wire brush to the threads as there is a little surface rust and it could have been catching.

Thanks for the info!

Back