• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to achieve 6in lift?

dAng! XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here goes...

I have Rough Country 4.5in coil springs and leaf springs with JKS Shackles. I just recently purchased bumpers and sliders that all together weigh 230lbs. When I installed all of that plus a winch, spare tire, and high lift jack, the Cherokee is now sitting lower. I would say it compressed about half an inch or so. Lets just say i'm at 4in of lift. I WANT 6 INCHES OF LIFT. What is the best way to achieve that? The only option I thought of is this:

5.5in Coils with 1in isolators
Keep current leaf springs and shackles, add HD Offroad shackle relocation bracket

Do the shackle relocation brackets work with 1" Boomerang Shackles?

Last edited:
Do the shackle relocation brackets work with 1" Boomerang Shackles?

Yes. Works great. I have the TNT 1" boomerang shackles with the HD relocation brackets. Depending on the angle of your shackles now, you may gain up to an inch of lift with them set correctly.

Here's a few pics for reference.

During install. I did move one hole back for final adjustment.
100_2526.jpg

You can see how the shackles sit in this pic. Works well.
IMG_3949.jpg

One more from the back. I have come down on the shackles a few times and am glad TNT makes solid heavy duty shackles or they would have been deformed by now.
IMG_6336.jpg

Back