• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 Tcase question

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have a 242 Tcase that needs a new chain. The Tcase is off of a 1989 cherokee and lately the chain has been clunking and is definately stretched out. Well I went shopping for a replacement chain and found omix ada had one. However it lists it for the SJ and grand cherokees only on 4wd.com and on amazon it says it wont fit my XJ. I thought all 242 Tcases were the same though. I was wondering if anyone knows whether this chain will work for my XJ or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Omix-Ada-1861...989&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=002

Cross reference by the Jeep number 8350 4574.

My understanding is that all the 242 have the same chain. Quadratec says all 242 are the same number (XJ, ZJ), when I search using the Jeep number 8350 4575.

Omix-ada says, when I search by Jeep part number 8350 4574

jeep part info
Products >

CHAIN DRIVE NP242

Omix#:

Jeep, Quadrarec and Omix-ada says it will fit, but sometimes everybody is wrong.:gee:

Thanks a lot, you guys are awesome. Just ordered the one from RockAuto. Should be here in a week or 2.

Back