• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting new motor have a few ???

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
So a few days ago I noticed my mopar crate engine with only 30,000 on it had developed a rear main seal leak. Fortunatly the engine is still under warranty and was installed by the local Chrysler dealer. I took the jeep down to get it fixed and received a call today informing me that they can not fix the rear main seal due to bad wear and that the seal will not be able to work. The service adviser said he needs to have a specailist from mopar inspect the engine to determine weather they need to replace it with a long block or short block. So here comes the questions.

1. Can anyone send me the link to the Mopar web site that has the crate motors on it?

2. I hear that Mopar is making a strocker is this true ? If so should I upgrade ?

3. Why would this happen to my engine? Is their something that would of caused this such as failed crank bearings?:bawl:

4. I am at the point were I feel like selling it once the engine is replaced my trust in Mopar is out the window this engine has been in the shop 2 times for oil leaks since the install one oil pan leak and one valve cover leak. What would you do? :(

shit, if i wanted oil leaks, i'd install the motor myself...

first step... is to stop giving these people your money, if you want to pay for oil leaks, come pay me....

what would i do? burn one, and turn my own wrenches.

Well I got a chance to look at the motor today and the crank had a gauge in it enough to fit my finger nail in it where the seal is. The crank was also poris and the machanic told me that the factory did not machine the crank correctly. So the dealer ordered a new crank and bearings and will be pulling the motor and replacing the crank and bearings. I am going to order a new water pump and thermostat as well as spark plugs. I was thinking about preventative maintence and thought of ordering a new exhaust manifold. What exhaust manifold should I get? and is there anything else I should replace while the engine is out? It has 30,000 on it.

As per your manifold upgrade.., try 'searching' for comments. I've got some heads-up on the subject buried in my MS Office, but I'm not wearing my glasses, lol, so I can't read the small print enough to bring anything up. This page is set at 280 percent. I would almost think the 2000 model year would've had the 'bugs' worked out.

Sorry, even after I JB Welded up my frames/glasses, (LOL, so I could see), I could not find what I thought I had in MS Office as per: Exhaust Manifold(s).

If your exhaust manifold is not cracked I would keep it until it does and spend the money on somethig more useful. If your manifold is cracked then the best deal out there seems to be the APN one on e-bay.

If your exhaust manifold is not cracked I would keep it until it does and spend the money on somethig more useful. If your manifold is cracked then the best deal out there seems to be the APN one on e-bay.

Thanks what about spark plugs. What plugs are the best?

I've always heard Champion plugs are the go to plugs for mopar, but I usually focus more on just getting a good price on the right plugs. With a stock motor your choice in plugs isn't going to be super critical.

Back