• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993' Flooded with spark no start

XJRubicon

NAXJA Forum User
What I have done:

1993 2 door:

*40k 4.0l from 98'
*New clutch, flywheel
*Computer off running 1993' jeep (exactly the same results)
*3 TPS sensors (all read correctly)
*3 Crank position sensors (all produce same results)
*3 Distributers with extra working sensors tried (YES, its timed correctly)
*3 Different coils, first one was weak.
*2 Map sensors (one off running jeep)
*Cap rotor plugs n wires (not new but known to be good)
*Mustang injectors

No codes present.
Engine seems to flood while cranking, have disconnected the FP relay, have taken out all plugs, cranked it, shot it out with the air compressor. Put it all back together and it will fire in bursts about 5 seconds apart and die immediately after. If I keep trying, all plugs end up soaked.

Read the feed to the Dizzy, (orange wire) should have 8 volts. It stays at 9.23v. The crank position sensor also is getting the same voltage...(BOTH COMPUTERS) The Throttle position sensor is fed exactly 5.00 volts.

When I crank the engine now, the AutoShutdown relay will engage and then immediately drop back out. Yet it will still carry on with spark and the fuel pump running if you keep cranking, no injector pulses.

Running to store now for new champions, and an oil sending unit.

-Is it true the jeep will kill the fuel pump if the oil sending unit is bad? Or it is killing my autoshutdown relay? Because the sending unit I have leaks oil out the electrical connector. I hope this is it.

I put it together with a renix flywheel because thats what the engine was in before this and it actually ran!! Ran like shit but actually would stay running. I realized I had the wrong flywheel and tore the engine back out, put in the correct one with a new clutch and since I have not been able to get much of anything out of it as far as running.

So today:

Oil change (gas in oil)
Oil sending unit
Plugs
Different set of injectors (maybe they shorted)

Any thoughts comments or idea's welcome.
This 4 day nightmare is getting a bit much.

Thanks,
XJRubicon

New plugs and oil sender fired it RIGHT up!

PICKY PICKY 4.0!!!

XJRubicon

Back