• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended brake line tie down

xj bmx

NAXJA Forum User
What have you guys done to address floppy extended brakelines? One is sorta out of the way but I'm still scared it will end up pinched in something.

I'll take some pictures later of it.

Mine seem like the are all over the place, but they've never gotten caught up in anything over 3 years, so I figure they are fine. I wouldn't twist them because they won't extend as far without binding up.

I assume you're talking about the front....

Per side you need:

1 long ziptie
1 short piece (about 3/4" long) 3/8" fuel hose

Wrap ziiptie around upper shock body starting in the middle of the ziptie.
Thread fuel hose onto end of ziptie.
Wrap ziptie around brake line.
Thread ziptie back through fuel hose.
Tie off snug.

Thus:

I'll try and upload a pic tonight when I get home.

I used throttle return springs from a big block v8. Wraped one end around the mid section of the brakeline between the line mount on the uni and the fitting into the caliper. And attached the other end to my upper control arm. When the axle flexes down the spring let's out. When it flexes back up it pulls the brakeline back in towards the body. Works great for me.

sent from my mind because I'm so Awesome!

they make miniature bungee cords that work great for this.

however:

i run chevy 1500 2wd lines on my rig that have a small steel mounting bracket about in the middle on them. i zip tie them to my control arms sometimes. one half takes care of the drooping, the other half of the rubber takes care of the turning

they make miniature bungee cords that work great for this.

That too. I have a tiny bungee cord keeping my locker air line from hitting the front pinion. If you have the rubber coated braided steel lines, just pinch the hook of the bungee so it digs into the rubber coating and it won't move.

Mine are bungeed to the shock for now. I want to do the same as Awsomexj and use springs but I don't really see any where safe looking. My passenger side wants to hang out between the coils and the drivers side wants to be in between the upper and lower controll arms.

Back