• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever bought Goodyear Authority's?

I am wondering if anyone has ever bought the Wal-Mart Goodyear Authoritys? I ran across them the other day and they look pretty damn sexy, and seem like pretty good quality. Ive read a bunch of reviews, and they sound good for the most part. But I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them on their XJ's. For the price of 31s, you cant really beat the $150 price tag, and I can get them shipped for free if they dont have them at my local Sam's club.

Any help would be awesome!

I have them on mine about 5k miles since jan. Ride great on the road and work better in the FL mud and sand than my BFG ATs did. Only pic i have of them on this computer.
183045_192816880749981_100000650116198_541010_858100_n.jpg

Im glad I checked this thread, I'm also about due for tires also and would like to run 31's. Those look nice on your Jeep Boveevil, I might get those especially for $150 a pop.

I have them now and all I can say is they suck in everything I have been in. Rain,snow,mud. They do all right on dirt/gravel fire roads and thats about it. scwabs txr's do better in everything than these and maxxis bighorns blow them out of the water especially on wet roads and snow. All my tires were 31x10.50x15's on 3" lift just to let you know. Thats just my personal experience with these tho. I will be getting the bighorns again when these go or the GY duratracks.

For 150$ a piece there are much better AT tires available.
Tires.com , tirerack.com treadepot.com
They are supposed to be like the duratrac's but they definitely are not.

You are in NY State, and winter is headlong, and you want what kind of tires? Hmmm..., If you want winter tires go with Bridgestone studless Blizzak WS60. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+WS60 Mud tires--go with Hankook Dynapro MT, (has good sidewalls over their other models), that they won a 2011 contest.http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarti...out_first_place_hankook_dynapro_mt/index.html

The authorities have a ton of siping on them. At least as much as my Duratracs. I bet they would work great in the snow and ice. I doubt you want to use Blizzaks in the summer and he didn't say he was looking for a dedicated winter tire.

Back