• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any idea where i can find power door parts?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
the power door locks dont work at all. and the windows only work when they want to. all of the motors seem shot to where i have to help the windows go up and the swithces are half dead. i tried to find parts but didnt have much luck. does anyone know where i can find replacement parts. i would imagine i need new door lock actuators, window regulators, and switches. my xj is an 89 renix 4 door. new window seals wouldnt hurt either mine are all cracked and faulty. i know its a jeep but i have pretty much put all new stuff through the entire thing so i might as well fix that too. thanks.

Greg Smith did a great write-up on adding the relays to the door locks. I've done it on 2 of my Jeeps. Works great and it's cheap to do. Someone else did a write-up on removing the door panels and cleaning and lubing the power windows to work like new.

Note from DJ
Greg Smith Power door locks write-up
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1874
4-6-2003
OP- Power Door Lock Fix for Reluctant Locks on Pre 1991 Jeep Cherokees
The Problem:
Some (usually not all) of the power door locks stop working, or more commonly work inconsistently on the lock and/or unlock position. The problem usually starts when the Jeep gets older and the locks become stiffer. Cold weather seems to cause the most problems. The rear hatch and rear doors seem to the most troublesome since they are on the end of the circuit and experience the largest voltage drop.

Note from DJ

Try this approach on one door and see if it helps.
89XJ window motor very slow
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1052806

OP- The window, now unattached, would sit in any position without dropping. Does this mean that the motors are ok and I need to somehow lubricate the window track somewhere or what’s going on here?

First thing I would do is get a large can of Silicone lubricate, then remove your interior door panels and spray the tracks and all the moving parts associated with your power windows. You may have to stick the can inside the door openings and spray blindly to cover everything. Then move the windows up and down a couple of times. I did this and it dramatically increased the speed going up and down.

all of the door locks on mine are shot. it doesnt even make a click sound when i hit any of the switches. and the windows don move slowly they just only work when they want to . in the rear windows if i roll them down past half way they will not want to go up on their own at all. its like the regualtor has broken teeth and the the window just slips down into the door. i know i need new parts. i have already done the maintenance stuff and the jeeep was a mess before it got it. im pretty much doing a restoration on it and i would really just like to freshen everything up. the way i see it is the xj is 22 years old. (89). if i fix it up like new ill get another 20 years out of it. :)

Back