• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler DRB-III Scan Tool

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have access to one of these tools?

I was wanting to attempt to turn off the beep for the low fuel indicator and for leaving the key in the ignition with the door open.

Not sure if that can be tweaked but would like to try to see if it is possible.

Can someone take a look and let me know? If I go "cold" to one of the local dealers I am certain to get blank stares and it'll be a waste of time.

Thanks!

Just disconnect the buzzer module so that it doesn't chime when you have the door open.

Why do you want to stop it from beeping once to indicate you need to put gas in your Jeep though?

Anyone have access to one of these tools?

I was wanting to attempt to turn off the beep for the low fuel indicator and for leaving the key in the ignition with the door open.

Not sure if that can be tweaked but would like to try to see if it is possible.

Can someone take a look and let me know? If I go "cold" to one of the local dealers I am certain to get blank stares and it'll be a waste of time.

Thanks!

I would assume that you only need a scan tool for something with the ecu or tcu... the dinging is completely different. If you don't know where your buzzer is, open the door and find it under the dash, unplug it. Probably on the right side, or the top of the fuse box.

Just disconnect the buzzer module so that it doesn't chime when you have the door open.

I would assume that you only need a scan tool for something with the ecu or tcu... the dinging is completely different. If you don't know where your buzzer is, open the door and find it under the dash, unplug it. Probably on the right side, or the top of the fuse box.

LOL Yeah, I guess I could do that. Not sure why it didn't occur to me. What else is the buzzer used for... can't think of anything.

Why do you want to stop it from beeping once to indicate you need to put gas in your Jeep though?

It's fricken' annoying and always makes me jump in my seat when I haven't driven the Jeep in a while. The orange light is enough indication. Maybe I need to switch to decaf.

Last edited:
Note from DJ
Just a word of caution running gas tanks low on fuel.

Fuel pumps need to be submersed in fuel, this aides in cooling the pump which will prolong its life.

The emptier the fuel tank the more area for condensation to acclimate in. Water in the gas system will lead to frozen lines especially in Canada.

Yep, true enough. My Jeeps go away in November and don't come out of storage till April so condensation is not a worry.

Back