• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Removal ???

drumrhythm2

NAXJA Forum User
so i have searched the forums and can't quite find the answer.
i am pulling the tranny the haynes manual way, converter cover is gone, starter is gone, driveshafts are gone, converter bolts are gone. need help, preferably pictures, im not sure im getting all wires disconnected, and i am having trouble figuring out how to remove the linkages from both the tranny and t-case could anyone assist?

Can't get you pictures atm but transfer case all out should have to do is pop out a ball like joint in a rubber hole on the drivers side of the transfercase/transmission. I popped em out with a large flathead screwdriver. As far as the rest there is the shift linkage for the aw4 on the driverside. If I recall correctly it just unbolts in a few spots. After that if yours is a renix there are vacumn lines that run up the passenger side near the AC to unplug and as far as sensors I think just the cps on the driverside where the tranny and engine meet. Plugs in behind the exhaust manifold. If memory serves me correct the other plugs I could reach easier after I dropped the tranny down a few inches and should be top center of the aw4. Hope this helps.

PS I think the dipstick is bolted somewhere to the passenger side of the motor too somewhere near the oil filter.

i always undo the crossmember first and support the unit with a jack. it makes getting to all the bolts and linkages easier. make sure you undo the shift cable from the throttle linkage on the top of the motor before you drop the unit out. ask me how i know. its pretty straight forward. just unbolt until feel you are ready to yank it out. why exactly are you trying to take out the trans.

Back