• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Previous Owner wired up a Detonator?

Im slightly dumbfounded why anyone would do what they did :dunno::
terrorist.jpg

Thats my friend, PoopJeep, being a terrorist to my jeep.

Here is a picture of the "detonator"
detonator.jpg

In reality, the PO wired this switch up so they could start the car without a key. So now, anyone that knows about my jeep can steal it whenever they would like. It made me jump a little bit when I clicked it and the engine turned over lol.

that will crank the starter motor, but you will still need to have the ignition in the on position to actually start the vehicle. its a handy device when wanting to check compression and such, but i wouldnt worry about anyone useing it to steal your jeep. they would still need a key to turn the ignition on.
as for alibaba poop, i think seal team six has a plan for him.

well not only is it handy for checking compression, but also checking crank position sensor trigger. you can hook up a multi meter to the sensors and crank the engine without having someone else inside the cab.

by the way, alot of us have those starter switches (either home made or manufactured) with alligator clips in our tool boxes. a very usefull tool.

I had one when my flexplate was missing teeth. Would have to get out with a breaker bar and manually turn the engine over a couple degrees till the teeth could bite. beat going back into the cab everytime to try.

Back