• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird steering problems

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So every since I built my 3 link kit, my jeep drives like shit. The jeep will drive straight down the road no problem, but inside the steering wheel will be all over the place. Then when I hit a bump then the jeep gets way bad (ya ya I know, bumpsteer, but its never been this bad) Ive check the front out, and ball joints are good. The TRE on the drag link could use replaced but arnt to bad. the RE flex joint and bushing in my trac bar need replaced, dont think it could be that. I have a brand new box in the jeep, less then 2 months old. What else could it be?

Im close to just building a know new steering and seein if that helps., then building a trac bar OTA.

if the track bar joint and bushing are worn out why wouldn't that contribute, a worn TRE on the Drag link would also contribute.

also, how are your track bar/drag link angles. are they parallel and the same length?

I vote you replace the worn bushings and joints and see where that gets you.

The TRE on the drag link could use replaced but arnt to bad. the RE flex joint and bushing in my trac bar need replaced, dont think it could be that.
I do think it could be that. Replace your worn out parts is the first step to fixing any steering related issue. Even if that doesn't cure your issues, you still fixed one of your issues that needed to be addressed.

Since you said you built your own 3 link, what are your caster angles set at? How high of a lift do you have? What are your current steering components (i.e. stock?)?

caster is set at about 5.5 degrees, im running a 5.5" lift. I have a stock drag link with a HD tie rod, RE trac bar with RE drop bracket

Are you using the stock track bar axle mount, or the stock Dana 30 for that matter? I'm assuming you are with stock steering parts. A picture of your front end might help us too if you can swing one of those. :cheers:

Scott

Back