• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit

zachndorsett

NAXJA Forum User
I have a few questions concerning a lift kit for my 96 xj. 1. should i lift it before or after the 4wd conversion? and no don't tell me not to do it, its not expensive, time consuming yes, and I've already bought some of the needed parts. 2. should i choose rough country or iron rock 3. if i go rough country should i get the 4.5 lift or 4.5 x series lift, but if i choose iron rock should i get the 4 inch or 5.5 inch lift 4. with these you have to get a slip yoke eliminator and an extended driveline correct? 5. and i know to get the full leaf spring kit not the AAL but if i go over 4.5 or if i do 4.5 is getting control arm drop brackets okay or do you long arm the front?

The big question is, what will you be doing with your XJ? DD/ Weekend Warrior? Trail only/ trailered, or driven to/from trails? Rock crawling? What size tires are you planning on running?
Regardless, low center of gravity is better. And most lifts net more than advertised, at least initially. IMO, 4" or higher should be long arm. Or at least a custom mid-arm setup.
Of what you have chosen I would go with IRO. There are other companies that make quality kits as well.

Ive heard a lot of good things about IRO and a lot of good things about RC. I won't be rock crawling, mostly trail driving, daily driver, to and from trails. I hope to run 33's as soon as i get it lifted. I was told to do a long arm over 4inches. I think ill probably do an pro 4 inch long arm. Other than pro or rc what would you recommend?

Back