• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ blower motor issue

svtkid

NAXJA Forum User
So the blower motor works fine. All the speeds work and everything, but when the heater is on and the blower is on whenever I accelerate the blower motor stops blowing. Driving around town its not very noticable, but when Im on the highway and have to accelerate or go up a hill or anything the blower motor just stops blowing. And then when I let off of the throttle it starts blowing again. Any ideas guys? Also, the heater hoses are getting extremely hot. Much hotter than the normal radiator hoses. Any help is appreciated.

Does the blower motor actually STOP or is the air directed to the defrost and not legs and face??

I'd say vacuum leak in the lines leading to/from the vac cannister/reservoir behind your front bumper. The lines run along the pass. side fender and under the battery to the reservoir.

Check all the vac lines from firewall to reservoir, replace any suspect vac line (it's cheap) and you'll have heat in your face in no time.

Classic vacuum leak under heavy engine load, on the vacuum lines near the AC/heater hose connections on the firewall. And it can be a tiny, tiny vacuum leak, just a tiny bit of slop on the tube to rubber hose connection there.

Very typical on the XJ!! And it feels likes the blower motor stops, as the vents switch due to loss of vacuum to the vent actuator.

Back