• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2005 Crown Vic Injectors - Bosch 0280158064

JGriff99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, can I use these injectors on my 1999 4.0? I looked for the neon injectors at the pick and pull today and all i can find are the short ones. I really dont want to modify my fuel rail to run them. The ones of the crown vic are the same length with the same connector as my stock ones. The crown vic looks to be low miles as its an 05. It is a police interceptor cop car. My engine is basically stock with over 168K i think its about time for new injectors. I know you can run certain ford injectors on these engines, but i don't know if these will work. Please chime in.

So far what I found is these injectors are a 19 lb/hr injector, but I have yet to find a spec on fuel pressure for that rating. You CAN install them. Not sure what your afr will be. Ive used the ford 5.0 injectors with good results. If you have the mean to measure AFR after your install. You can install a fuel pressure regulator and adjust accordingly.

I sent an e-mail to bosch directly, this is what they said

We would like to advise:
0280 158 064
Operating pressure 270KPa
Static flow 143g/min
15° Angle 2 spray
Distribution 8° - 30° greater than 30%

Can anyone tell me what the lb/hr rating would be?

Ok, so I used my trusted friend "Google" to find conversion websites

270KPa equals to 39.16018918715649 psi

and

143g/min equals 18.92 lb/hr

So.. it appears that these injectors should work with no issues. If the forums are correct that the stock injectors are 19lb/hr, then these should be a "bolt in" upgrade. If I have time today I will install these and let you all know how they perform hoping I don't toast my engine haha!

Yes, those calculations are all correct. Shouldn't be a problem running then and they work out to 22.2lb/hr on the 49psi fuel rail. Your stock injectors are 22.5lb/hr @ 49 psi. Not 19lb.

Right but I meant 19lb at 39 psi not 49 psi. Thanks for figuring out the 49 psi difference for me, I was just about to do that. I will let everyone know how they work once I get them installed.

They would be 20lb @39 psi. Injectors are rarely measured at 39psi. Most specs are 43.5psi/3bar, unless specified a different pressure. Since the 1999 has a 49psi rail, 39psi has no relation here.

Back