• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SMOG :(

91XJBUBBA

NAXJA Forum User
what vacuum lines are they saying are disconnected or removed? it could be dumping fuel or the last smog could have been a "smog" if you know what i mean. either way the state requires the seller to smog the vehicle if your brother is changing his mind he can get his money back or make the seller pay for the repairs if he wants to go the legal route. that's a big jump in numbers.

Any ideas why the numbers would jump up so high? The Smog Tech did not specifically say what vacuum lines are disconnected and his jeep is pretty complete...The tech didn't seem too helpful...What would be the causes of the jump in #'s so we can start somewhere..

yeah that old smog certificate looks fishy...

Why is the RPM at 25 mph so different between the old and new certificates?

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks, I replaced all the vacume lines, the line to the fuel pressure regulator was cracked, looks like that may have been the cause...Not sure yet going for a pre test today...

to the op i ahd the same exact problem you are facing. i spent 100 bucks and got it to pass myself. i pretty much just gave it a tune up. changed vaccum lines all the way through (this fixed my air vent problem and i didnt even know it was the cause). new plugs wires and a 30 dollar o2 sensor from autozone. the jeep ran a hell of alot better. i will say that at your low spped where you failed 25 mph i would guess that your egr valve passage could be clogged or pretty close to it. i took off the egr valve and cleaned the passage out. i passed with a bad C.C.

Back