• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle knowledge

Speedbump96

NAXJA Forum User
i would like to learn more about setting gears installing lockers is there any books i can get or someone know any helpful links or sites? also ive been searching forever for a dana 60 swap front and rear in a xj anyone know where i can find a link ?

Your JEEP Factory Service Manual has complete specifications and instructions and a list of specialized tools you might need.

is there a book i can get that has how to install lockers axles gears all the tools i need ill pick up a factory service manual but does it cover lockers?

I haven't seen any books that cover it all but there might be something like that available. I can teach you to set up gears but some good background knowledge before hand would be helpful. When I started doing gears I read a bunch of articles on here, Pirate and cherokee forum. There are also lots of locker write-ups in those places. I suggest starting there.

Ill quote my original post. Yukon gear has very good gearing install instructions. The second link is to the exact manual. The first link is to the rest of their manuals they offer. In case you weren't aware, Yukon gear is a great ring and pinion manufacturer, with worthwhile information. If you were to install a full locker, you would need to re-setup the gears. This manual would be your reference. In the case of "lunchbox" lockers, there is no setting up of gears, other then pulling out your spider gears. Does not affect ring and pinion.

I haven't seen any books that cover it all but there might be something like that available. I can teach you to set up gears but some good background knowledge before hand would be helpful. When I started doing gears I read a bunch of articles on here, Pirate and cherokee forum. There are also lots of locker write-ups in those places. I suggest starting there.

i might have to take u up on that ill bring the beer?

Back