• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a new toy.

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up this 08 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback with AWD. I wrecked my Kia and decided to replace it with this. It gets 30mpgs just like my DD Kia but is also 4x4. It's not just AWD. I can actually shift it into 2wd, AWD, or 4Lo. It's pretty sweet and now I don't have to drive my XJ every day in the winter. (Those 9-10mpgs I was getting was killing me). Now the XJ is really just a trail rig which is how I wanted it. Here's some picks of the new ride. I will get some interior shots once I have better light.

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

The scarry thing about this vehicle is that there is TONS of aftermarket goodies available for them. They aren't too popular in the states but they are huge in Canada, Australia, and Europe. There a handful of companies that make a lift for it. I will run it stock this winter to see how it does in the snow. If I get myself high centered enough I will probably invest in one of the smaller lifts. There are also quite a few clubs and forums for these as well, but not much of anything here in socal.

It's ugly, but good for you.

It's ugly, but good for you.

I kinda thought it was ugly too but it's growing on me. I wanted something that was 4x4 and got 30 mpgs and this was the only thing I found. The only other 4x4 out there that got over 30 mpgs was the Ford Escape Hybrid but I couldn't find one will low miles under 20k. I got this for 8k. Can't beat that. I have found myself already looking at all the aftermarket stuff they make for these things and the different forums out there for these. My Wife isn't too happy that I found ANOTHER hobby to obsess over.

Nice. You get that from AZ? Couldnt help but notice the plates

Yep. Picked it up in Mesa. I don't normally buy 4x4's in Cali because for some reason they jack the prices way up on them. You go outside of Cali and the 4x4 price increase is minimal. I figured I could spend $100 on a plane ticket out there and have the dealer pic me up in one of their shuttles from the airport and save 2-3 grand. This is the 3rd time I have done this and it has worked out well each time.

thats pretty sweet man. i need to buy a little car myself with better fuel economy. driving my f150 200 miles a day is killing me. those little suzukis are good cars i have never really heard anyone complain about them much.

Back