• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ax15 to aw4 swap

wickedwillys62

NAXJA Forum User
I started a thread about the clutch problems for my brother the other option we are looking at is converting to auto.

I know there is no reason to get rid of the ax15 but he only DD's the xj and auto vs Manuel makes no difference to him

Other than the, trans, tcase, driveshafts, shift linkage, shifter, trans cooler, flex plate, and turqe converter is there anything els I will need?

Thanks

Last edited:
also moving this one to OEM tech...fwiw I'd personally never recommend going from a manual transmission to auto ;)

you'll need the trans computer and will need to do some custom wiring (not difficult) since the manual wiring harness won't have the right connectors in some places.

Won't need the transfer case (unless crossing certain year boundaries with the trans swap.)

Make sure you get the TV cable and you might care about the park interlock cable that goes from the shifter to the steering column.

What are you gonna do with the trans when you pull it out? What year is it? :eyes:

Back