• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Jim Canyon Closed

Peacefrog53

NAXJA Forum User
The worker at the entrance to the canyon told me that the county took over the road. It went from a private road to a public road, and is now closed for widening and grading.

Just an FYI.

that's great news!

now maybe the people who live back there won't have their access road tore up by douchebags.

Isn't that a mountain bike trail area too?

The actual name of the closed road in question is Trabuco Creek Road. Holy Jim Canyon is located at the very end of the road and is still open.

can you still get through to Cleveland national forest?

Not sure. The begining of the road was owned by a few people in different sections. Now that the county is taking over control there might be a gate or something limiting access. One of the workers said it will be "guarded". Not sure if he is reffering to gaurd rails to prevent "off the road driving" in the creek, or like a gate/outpost thing. We will see.

Isn't that a mountain bike trail area too?

YES!! A Great one at that. We ran into a couple guys that had just riden down the Holy Jim trail from the falls the other day. Dude was driving a bad ass '88 MJ. 4.0, glass on the front, little lift, EXTENDED BED. He said 77,000mi.. Very nice.

that's great news!

now maybe the people who live back there won't have their access road tore up by douchebags.

There are only a handful of people who actually live back there full time. Almost all of the cabins are vacant most of the year. When we had the big storm last year my buddy and I were helping some of the owners get back and forth through the creek to check on their places. They mainly had cars, and 2wd trucks. Met some very nice people...who BTW don't mind people using their road. They were actually asking me to give thanks to the XJer's who had dug out the hill to pass the broken bridge. Said if it wasn't for the off road guys there wouldn't be any access back there.

Jo Ann sends her heart felt gratitude to those who helped last year. She was worried about her pets, and couldn't get back to her place to check on them. It's in another thread, but THANKS GUYS! you know who you are.

There are only a handful of people who actually live back there full time. Almost all of the cabins are vacant most of the year. When we had the big storm last year my buddy and I were helping some of the owners get back and forth through the creek to check on their places. They mainly had cars, and 2wd trucks. Met some very nice people...who BTW don't mind people using their road. They were actually asking me to give thanks to the XJer's who had dug out the hill to pass the broken bridge. Said if it wasn't for the off road guys there wouldn't be any access back there.

Jo Ann sends her heart felt gratitude to those who helped last year. She was worried about her pets, and couldn't get back to her place to check on them. It's in another thread, but THANKS GUYS! you know who you are.

yeah, there are some of those people. and for every one of them, there are 40 idiots who just want to whomp in the mud and tear it up. i hike holy jim every 8 weeks or so, and have probably personally pulled 20 hydrolocked pickups off of that road.

if those people really liked the offroaders and the status quo, their private road wouldnt now be county property, and be getting paved.

County limiting access can be directly related to the guys that "opened" that mountain bike "road" a few months back. Not to mention all the dumbshits getting hydrolocked in there (sorry Robert!).

County limiting access can be directly related to the guys that "opened" that mountain bike "road" a few months back. Not to mention all the dumbshits getting hydrolocked in there (sorry Robert!).

HA!!! You wish. If thats a shot at me I could recal numerous events in which you guys haven't been the best law abiding citizens. But I won't go there. :rolleyes: lol

It's not a mtn. bike trail. It's got the same exact name as the actual road. No difference at all. When it splits at the top...then they turn into mtn. bike trails. two different trails with different names. It's more of an access road. There IS a gate at the bottom that is, and always has been, open. If it were strictly a mtn. bike trail the gate would be closed. Right? There are other ways around the gate for bikes.

CAL- You are right. For every one cabin owner there are plenty of idiots in their trucks that screw shit up. We've pulled our fair share of smart people out too. If you know what you're doing there isn't a problem.

And I don't think they are paving it. Probably just limiting access to everything other than the main road. I will talk to Jo Ann this weekend and get the low-down.

I don't think you could recall as many of those instances as you think you could, or you're grouping everyone who's not you into one group.

Which if you hang out at Holy Jim, there would then be a lot of 'you guys' available to pin that on. :)

Either way, I am happy to see them deal with Trabuco Creek Rd. Hopefully some people who think they are offroaders will finally find a legitimate place to go offroad.

Says the young fella wheeling on a trail that is likely not open to the public, on 33s with a D35...

Says the young fella wheeling on a trail that is likely not open to the public, on 33s with a D35...

O it's open to the public. Check it for yourself.

And yea. 33's and a D35 is all I can afford at the moment. That has nothing to do with driving ability gramps. lol

O it's open to the public. Check it for yourself.

And yea. 33's and a D35 is all I can afford at the moment. That has nothing to do with driving ability gramps. lol

Gramps? WTF! If your gramps and under 30 years old then what the hell am I?

Prehistoric .!. :p .!.

Holy crap.I hate to think what you'll say about my age.All i can say is
1928_middle_finger.gif
.LOL.

Back