• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a A/C Clutch

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
Dose any one know where I can find a new A/C Clutch and maybe a new Clutch coil electro-magnet ? For my 1998 XJ

But I can not find anyone who will sale me just the clutch ONLY ! They say when the clutch gose bad so dose the compressor. This maybe true But At this time I only wish the stop the dam ear pricing noise when the system starts. When I have the money I'll replace the compressor

Years ago when my AC clutch went bad, I too looked all around for a replacement. Back then, the only place I could find one was the dealer. But the cost of the AC clutch was a good portion of an entire AC unit, so I just opted for a whole new unit....

Replacing the compressor just for a bad clutch is like replacing the axle because of a flat tire. If that is what its going to be, that so be it. But that I have to deal with the freon ! The one thing i'm trying to avoid dealing with.

As it is now the fase for the clutch keeps blowing out. I know the clutch padding is very low. However when the A/C is working the air is nice and cold. I'll get a used clutch plate from the junkyard when ever I can find on there.

I will end up Replacing the compressor on my 2001 it never blows out any cold air.

Back