• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo hook up?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
How do I get a electric T/C to register on my cable operated 84 XJ?

Don't think you can

Not exactly sure, but I don't think they intermix at all. If it helps, I know there's an XJ down at my U-pull yard with an electric speedo/TC setup that I could pull the gauge cluster from and get it to you. I "think" they charge @ $25 or so, and I'd assume you'd need the wiring from the TC to go with it. Wonder if that signal goes thru the ECU????

Lemme know,
Jeff

edit-- It may be a few days until I can get to the yard, what with the hurricane heading straight for us.....

Baahh!!!!! You don't need no stinkin' speedos! Sheesh! UGLY MENTAL PIC OF THAT ONE :puke: No,seriously,though,all you really need to be technically legal is a tachometer to drive it on the street.:D

Duck and Cover Dude!

I might want that especially if it has a tach or guages and not Idiot lights. I have gages and do not want idiot lights. I was considering doing something bizar. Bling bling dimond plate and all auto meter guages in the dash! LOL!

I thought we got rid of you?

Damn I was hoping you were going ot part that thing out! LOL!

I’m not sure but I think you can just swap all the stuff at the t case end to the old style and your good. I think the case its self is the same.

Back