• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO 5.5 short arm or RE 4.5 super flex

That_1_Dude

NAXJA Forum User
getting ready to change my lift when i get back from overseas having a hard time choosing if i want to go with the IRO 5.5 short arm lift or the RE 4.5 super flex lift. Is anybody running these lifts and have any pros/cons they could tell me about them! any insight is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advanced!

For what it's worth, if you can swing it, I think the RE Extreme Duty 5.5 would be worth considering. I couldn't be happier. It really flexes and handles very well on the road. I personally like the drop bracket setup and wouldn't change a thing.

For what it's worth, if you can swing it, I think the RE Extreme Duty 5.5 would be worth considering. I couldn't be happier. It really flexes and handles very well on the road. I personally like the drop bracket setup and wouldn't change a thing.

x2

You did not mention what tire size you want to run. The RE 4.5" works with 32x11.50's without trimming. The RE 5.5" is good with 33" with minor trimming.

well i have already cut and am currently running 32s on 3.5in lift so i was thinking around 33s maybe a hair bigger. And i do like the RE 5.5 but the way im looking at it that takes roughly another 500-1000 out of my pocket (depending on what shocks i buy) that I could be spending towards the re-gear and lockers. I havent heard bad things about IRO but havent gotten an answer from anybody actually running one of these lifts.

Last edited:
my XJ on 4.5+ lonagarm lift is daily driven and is my only vehicle and my son will ride in it as well.. longarms with decent spings&shocks will ride 10x's better than short arms.

my lift is comprised of various parts( Older RE springsm clayton hd TB setup,terafrex shackles and roughcountry longarms w/bilstein 5150's and it rides great plus I dont have that much invested...

If I were you I would just add a 1"-2" coil spacer, some longer shocks and a long arm kit. If you need more lift in the rear just add a longer shackle or a shackle relocation. Or trim more and keep what you have lift and add the long arm.

^x2

throw a spacer on the front, shackle/shackle relocation in the rear, and a long arm setup.. sell ur old short arms and shocks and I think you'd be happier in the long run.

Unless you do what I did, wait for someone parting out their long arm lift for cheap and sell your short arm lift. I sold my old setup which was various brands for $700 and bought a used 4.5 inch RK long arm lift for $600.... sold the trackbar cus I kept my RK one i already had for another 150, so in the end I got a long arm setup for free basically and made $250 !!

ive been searching craigslist hoping to strike gold and piece some stuff together! but im not to fond of the lift i have its an add a leaf and leafs are appearing to sag and it almost looks as if there is a puck already on my coil not hundred percent sure! what are some of the pieces i should keep an eye out for to convert to long arm craigs list style haha

Back