• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for AMC V8 conversion mounts

Junkyard Jim

NAXJA Forum User
I recently got another MJ that is pretty much a perfect candidate for a V8 swap (I needed the 2wd drivetrain for my '82 Spirit and the shifter stuff for my other '87 MJ I have almost finished). I have either a 290 or 304 to put in with a 727/NP208 from an FSJ (I'll get a crossbar and shifter for the trans from a V6 or 2.5 with 904 trans rig)
Front axle will be the usual D30 high pinion with 3.54 gears and the rear will be a D44 from a '66 IH Travelall 2wd I parted (almost a perfect bolt in! Even the same bolt pattern!)

There will be pics later (Oh! I forgot tomention this is Carnuck. My other computer died and I use that log-in for my phone now so I won't miss any past posts since I was here last.

Cool!

I can't think of anyone offhand that has AMC V8 conversion mounts (AA does the SBChevvy, which also should fit the 90-degree V6, and I think there are a couple of outfits that do the Ford Windsor mounts,) but I'd love to see the final iteration of this project! I've always wanted to drop a 401 into an XJ...

after I did the HEI dist in my Eagle and then the Weber carb always wanted a 360/401 in it!!!!

Back