• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headers

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody recommend a good place to buy some headers at a reasonable price? Any recommendations on which headers to buy would be appreciated too. I noticed Borla headers have received favorable mention in other threads, but I am open to opinions on others too. I am looking more for low RPM torque than HP.

Thanks,

I've been very happy with my Borlas. Direct bolt in, no clearance or fitting issues. If I remember correctly i think I found the best deal at truckperformance.com.

I bought my Borla from Rusty's three years ago. I paid something like $350. Fits good and the rig runs good with the Borla. The only thing I didn't like was the connection between the header and the cross over pipe. I couldn't get the connection to quit leaking, so I welded on a square flange the same size that is used on the cat. Now, when I need to drop my exhaust I just unbolt it. It's easy and the gasket(s) are available at my local NAPA. Good Luck

Woody

I just installed Borla headers that I bought from Summit Racing. They had them in stock and were here the next day. They were a good fit if I didn't have a pooly done lift on my Jeep. My stock pipes hit the front axle and so do the headers. I like what they did for my torque and my XJ seems pretty happy with them. I will know more about mileage when I have run my first tank through. I would recommend them so far.

Curt

Ebay and patience. Got mine for 250. There was one with a dented downpipe that sold for less than a hundred dollars. Don't be afraid to buy a used one, they all end up looking pretty ugly/discolored.

I just installed the Banks Torque Tube header ($359). I really noticed horsepower gains after I installed a poweraid Throttle Body spacer. It's a bullet proof header. I think Quadratec and Summit sell them.

Back