• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ steering pump with 4.5" PSC pulley?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
I am looking to replace my power steering pump so I am thinking about upgrading to the WJ pump. While I was at it, I was thinking of using the smaller PSC 4.5" pulley. I know of one local guy that has this setup and seems to have good results, but was wondering how many others are using this setup together?

Seems like it should work well, but I am slightly worried about too much fluid due to using both of these together with the stock box. So, anybody have this combo? Work good, or any pump whining?

I am running the WJ pump with the smaller pulley on a hydro assist setup. It works OK. I like the extra power at an idle, but it can get a bit touchy at high rpms on the highway.

Make sure and use the bottom inlet not the one on the side for your return.

I am running the WJ pump with the smaller pulley on a hydro assist setup. It works OK. I like the extra power at an idle, but it can get a bit touchy at high rpms on the highway.

Make sure and use the bottom inlet not the one on the side for your return.

Thanks for the info, will do.

Back