• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UK RHD '96 XJ - Which PDC? Help in identifying year.

adam_q

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I have a UK spec RHD 4.0L petrol XJ but I'm having trouble identifying the correct year that matches my Power Distribution Centre.

This is a photo of the PDC:

IMG_20110926_183956.jpg

I would really like to get this sorted out because there are some subtle differences in the electrical schematics between years, plus it's hard to identify the fuse functions (only the amperages are printed on the cover, not the functions).

At the moment I am suffering from the engine management system not grounding the feed to the Automatic Shutdown (ASD) relay. When I plug the relay in, it clicks over then back again. It's as though there is some capacitance in the PCM output which pulls the relay over momentarily.

The wires to the winding on the ASD are DG/OR which comes from the ECU and solid blue which feeds battery +ve, this differs from all the schematics I have seen.

Before the ASD fault appeared the Jeep was suffering from an intermittent stuttering on idle, probably fuelling because the spark appeared to be consistent.

Last edited:
Back