• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2006 Grand Cherokee Tires/Brakes.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
So the mother-in-law has a 2006 grand Cherokee were going to go get new tires here tonight after work. She has the wrangle HPs the stock style tire on the jeep now and they’ve been a good tire for her. Any other suggestion or recommendations for tires on a 2006 GC.

The Jeep needs a brake job and I’m pretty sure they are the stock rotors and they have a bit of a shimmy when apply the brakes. Can those be turned down or so I need to price out new rotors for the job aswell.

Goodyear Fortera TripleTred, its a new line from goodyear and possibly the best all season tire ive ever seen

Unless her rotors are severly warped or have been turned before then she might be due for new rotors. But based off what you said they should be good to be cut. Some shops include in brake jobs others dont. Just make sure to ask.

22261d1257776167-firestone-destination-t-vs-goodyear-fortera-tripletred-fortera.jpg

Last edited:
We have those tires on a few of out company trucks here I like them.

I was going to do the brake job myself. Do autoparts stores still turn those for you at all?

Sorry guys I would be all about getting a good AT tire but this is for the

"mother-in-law has a 2006 grand Cherokee"

Need more of a street tire for her. I think this jeeps only seen a few dirt roads over the years.

I'm looking at maybe

Bridgestone Blizzak WS70

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1

Kumho Solus KR21

Yokohama YK520

this might be the most aggresive I want to go for her.

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S

The Geolander AT-S is a good tire. I've got a set on my Avalanche that is the wife's DD and we got almost 3 years out of them. (Didn't like them as much as the older AT-S II that I still have on my 94 XJ from about 8-9 years ago but it doesn't see nearly as much use.) Just put a set of Kuhmo Road Venture KL51's on and they seem to be a better road tire. Looking at the Solus KR21, it may be a little smoother on road. Bridgestone has always been a little out of my price range... If I got the same life out of the KL51's I'd choose them again.

Back