• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head lights and low lights

zachndorsett

NAXJA Forum User
The lower yellow light on my cherokee, on the passenger side doesn't work. Is this a bulb to replace or is it a whole light like the head light?

How hard is it to replace the bulb? I just replaced my head lights and it was a tad difficult as all the screws were stripped and rusted. Also where would i find some white, LED head lights?

remove bezel, a couple more screws hold turn/park lamp assembly on. bulb twists out the back. try to heat up seized screws with a soldering iron if you have one. check out ebay for HID headlamp assemblies.

Alright ill try that, can i pick up a bulb at a local auto parts store?
Yes, or even at a convenience store or gas station, probably. What bulb it uses will depend on the year, so take the old one out first and match it.

If your Jeep is pre-97, there is also a problematic connector for the front lights, located just behind the front bulkhead, sort of buried in front of the air cleaner box. This connector can corrode and lose lights. So if you have a pre-97 and the bulb change doesn't do it, check that connector. Even if the bulb does work, it pays to open that connector up, clean the pins and lube them with contact lube or even vaseline, and keep an eye on it. I've had one go so bad that the pins rotted right off. The connector was improved and moved up a bit in 97.

Well i know that the connectors are good, i just replaced them in the spring, but I'm not satisfied with them. And i know its a touchy subject, nobody cares about headlights lol, I've heard it from my cousin who is a wrangler fanatic. But its just one of those things i wanna do, and my lights are yellow like all others and dim, I'm just not fully satisfied at all. I want some bright ones i can actually see with and these were recommended to me and i went to price some today, about $24 for one. So not too bad, i just wanted another opinion, or if there is a different brand of white bright lights. Also how do i know what is the correct adjustment for them? Like the distance shining from the car, and to get them perfectly line up instead one up, one down. I need to align mine

If you google "adjusting headlights," or probably "aiming headlights" you'll find many suggestions on how to do this yourself. It's not that hard to do, especially if you can find a good flat surface and a wall.

True, i didn't think about that lol. Someone recommended a book to me when i asked on how to adjust the headlights, but i forget what its called. I think after i get my jeep back from pep boys, ill ask them about new rotors and see about new headlights. Hopefully i can do both on the same tab.

Back