• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's official, Team NAXJA rides again!

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We were approved to represent the club and be Team NAXJA again for the next season of stock class Ultra4 racing. The first race will be King of the Hammers the 2nd week of Feb 2012. Our race will be Mon Feb 6th. We're also going to be a part of Petty Cash Racing, which is our road racing team in the 2wd XJ. So, we'll have an asphalt XJ and a dirt XJ.

Since it's stock class, we're racing a full bodied XJ, and we're limited to 35" tires. Thankfully Goodyear has stepped up and provided us with six 35" MT/R's. Since we're limited to 35" DOT tires (no comp tires), the MT/R's are going to be the best tire to run. With the limitations in this class, we think the XJ is a great platform to build.

We're looking into doing some Team NAXJA shirts again, and possibly a raffle out at Goatfest. We're getting great help from vendors like Ten Factory, Goodyear, Bilstein, Yukon, Brown Dog, Solid Axle, Raceline, Hooker Harnesses, and others, but we still have a lot of parts to buy. We want a well built car that has the potential to win.

The car is at my shop in Bakersfield right now, and we're building the cage and doing reinforcments, and will do some suspension work and fuel system. The car will be at Cal's after that to do a motor swap and install an Atlas t-case. Let us know if you have any interest in working on the car, we have lot's to do to get it ready for Goatfest.

Richard/Cal/Russ

Do you have a list of things still needed for the car?

Richard/Cal/Russ

Do you have a list of things still needed for the car?

fuel cell/pumps/filters/lines
synergy d30 balljoints
lights
gauges (aftermarket)
fire suppression
trans cooler
power steering pump
power steering cooler
race radio

that's just off the top of my head at 6:30 am. i have a more complete list somewhere, but it hasnt been updated from the last round of purchases.

I can add:

electrical switches
window nets
more steel and tubing
tabs and gussets
winch line
possibly seats if the ones we have don't work well enough
retubing a front D44
front suspension mounts and links
battery boxes
long battery cables
and more unexpected misc stuff than we can imagine

Glad to hear it is official! I would love to help out with this, but distance does make that a problem.

Depending on how much my mess costs to get back together, maybe I can throw a few more bucks your direction.

David Bricker / SYR

I wish it was closer, 5 hours each way is a bit much.

But I'll be out at KOH if you need an extra person to help in the pits, or if you have any other races out this direction. Last KOH I helped out with Rosco Racin (302) but it doesn't look like they made it this year.

Last edited:
sweet. if you guys need anyhelp on it at the shop i would be more than happy to lend a hand when ever i can richard.

We'll be there both Sat and Sun this weekend. :)

I wish it was closer, 5 hours each way is a bit much.

But I'll be out at KOH if you need an extra person to help in the pits, or if you have any other races out this direction. Last KOH I helped out with Rosco Racin (302) but it doesn't look like they made it this year.

You can probably find some $60 round trip plane tickets if you buy them far enough in advance. ;)

I can probably help with engine swap, maybe battery cables 1/0 ok?

I can probably pull off a weekend of helping once it's at your place, Cal. I am not taking my poor Mitsu over the Grapevine...besides, then I'd be in Bakersfield... I love ya, Richard, but Bakersfield just doesn't do much for me, and neither does the drive there (especially driving past Magic Mtn and not ending up there!).

I can probably help with engine swap, maybe battery cables 1/0 ok?

Sure. We'll have two batteries, and they'll be behind the seats, so the cables will be long.

Which airport, which weekend? I have a $350 voucher with delta

Which airport, which weekend? I have a $350 voucher with delta

Depends. If you wanted to get into bakersfield to work on the chassis or later into orange county to work on other stuff.

I typically leave OC around sunrise saturday for Bako, and get home sunday after 10 or first thing monday morning. coming to me you could hit:

ONT - Ontario Airport
SNA - John Wayne Airport
LGB - Long Beach Airport
LAX - ClusterXXXX Airport

BUR - Burbank airport - that's a bit out of the way, but i you timed it right i could do a pick up and drop off on my way to/from Bakersfield pretty easy.

Do you have to be home Sunday night, or can you catch an early Monday morning commuter flight home and still be OK?

There is also flying directly into BFL/Bakersfield - I'm not familiar with the airport though.

-C

Depends. If you wanted to get into bakersfield to work on the chassis or later into orange county to work on other stuff.

I typically leave OC around sunrise saturday for Bako, and get home sunday after 10 or first thing monday morning. coming to me you could hit:

ONT - Ontario Airport
SNA - John Wayne Airport
LGB - Long Beach Airport
LAX - ClusterXXXX Airport

BUR - Burbank airport - that's a bit out of the way, but i you timed it right i could do a pick up and drop off on my way to/from Bakersfield pretty easy.

Do you have to be home Sunday night, or can you catch an early Monday morning commuter flight home and still be OK?

There is also flying directly into BFL/Bakersfield - I'm not familiar with the airport though.

-C

LAX is probably the cheapest, or at least it has been for me for the last several trips on AA. BFL is convenient, but I don't think Delta flies into BFL.

LAX isn't so bad, once you ignore the traffic, crowds, delays, and stupid people.

David Bricker / SYR

Well, at least I can say I turned a wrench on the Team NAXJA entry, even if it was only for two bolts!

Good to see Goatman and Cal this evening. Sorry the visit was so short.

David Bricker / SYR

Make your flight okay?

It took me over 3 hours to cross the grapevine this morning, with the construction traffic. bleh.

Make your flight okay?

It took me over 3 hours to cross the grapevine this morning, with the construction traffic. bleh.

Yes, I did, thanks. Was sitting in the lounge by 10:00pm, after changing clothes, gassing up the rental, clearing security, etc. The GPS kept telling me there were traffic delays ahead, but everything was completely clear. Sorry to hear about the construction; sounds like my trip down in July. Maybe they move everything out of the way and open the lanes up at night.

David Bricker / SYR

teaser

IMG_0291.jpg

Back