• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PROBLEMS STARTING AT RUNNING TEMP

xj-lm

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Sport 4.0- auto runs great, the other day it stalled and would not crank? When i turned on the ignition I had power to the radio, dash, fan motor ect. but nothing when you go to start. I towed it home and the next morning it started fine. I replaced the temp sensor in the thermostat housing, worked fine for two days then it happened again yesterday. I waited until it was cool and it started fine now with a check engine light.

Download the Check Engine Light trouble codes, write them down, and then fix them.

Determine if the no-start is caused by the Neutral Safety Switch needing adjusting or cleaning, by low voltage/wiring/wire connections issues, or starter problems.

Are you sure your starter is alright? If its not cranking, I would start with the solenoid or the starter itself.

Back