• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stereo fitting

It's pretty hard to tell from the picture because I think the camera produced a lot of barrel distortion, but it looks pretty much like a 1 1/2 DIN unit, and it looks as if the holes are in the right place. If you need something of the sort and if you trust the seller, it's a pretty cheap gamble.

That said, you can also get a DIN adapter pretty easily, and be 100 percent sure that any standard DIN unit will fit.

The Grand Cherokee head units have a built-in rounded face (visible in pics) that may make fitment tricky. If you want to add a CD player, I'd recommend finding a proper XJ unit.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My main concern was that it was a 1.5 DIN unit, which I was thinking most of them would be?

I did notice the rounded off trim, while the one in my XJ is square. Talyn did you have to cut the trim piece that fits over the radio and cooling controls, or just the bezel on the radio itself?

I'll keep an eye out for a unit; maybe I can find an XJ one that is on the cheap.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Talyn did you have to cut the trim piece that fits over the radio and cooling controls, or just the bezel on the radio itself?
I cut the trim that goes around the radio.

Back