• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall colors

if we get lucky and get a day we can take 5 from the family project -- and I can get some maintenance time under the heep --we'd definitely be in.

I was around the Cripple Creek/Victor area on Thursday and it looks like the trees will be peaking (in that area) in about a week or so.

I was above Georgetown yesterday. The trees at 12,000 feet looked better than the trees along I-70. There was still some green mixed in, so you might have a couple more weeks to get up there.

Saxon100.jpg

I'd be interested in joining the group. Are these usually more scenic runs then hard core stuff? I don't have an extreme rig.

Prolly gonna hit something up saturday down by the victor/cripple creek area.
Im gonna be down in the springs for my lil bros homecoming football game and to pick up the jeep.

Mike -- we were thinking Sunday, as the boys have a football game on Saturday morning, but maybe we could do Saturday afternoon... Have a trail in mind?

I dont. Let me know if you think of something. We will either have the truck or the jeep - either way she wants to go

Not really much 4wd, but I'm thinking of Gold-Camp to Victor, then south through Phantom Canyon to Penrose, home on the highway. Phantom is supposedly really scenic, lots of Aspen, on an old railroad grade with lots of blasted out tunnels... Our boys are done with football at noon, and Riley has a B-Day part at 4, so we have a pretty small window on Saturday...

I would be cool with that. Let me know what ya want to do wither saturday or sunday. we will be up for either and that sounds like a good lil trip

Hey, ya could stop off at Penrose on the way back, that ought to fit into a 4 hour window. :) I'd like to go, but I don't know if I'll have a jeep that seats more than one yet. The WJ may have a problem retaining oil, yet no spots or clouds that could account for the loss. :dunno:

I think we're thinking the morning of Sunday October 2 (i.e. this sunday)... Mike was confirming with the boss last night...

Back